- recently qualified in your field?
- thinking of starting your own business?
- already running a practice and keen to check you’ve covered all the fundamentals?
The informed team, with some third party experts, have packaged two hours of web-based seminars covering the key aspects for consultants. We’ve called these two modules “Starting Out” …where we keep it straightforward for each topic – in each case asking: (1) What are these issues? (2) What are the specific risks involved for you?; and importantly (3) how can you manage those risks?
In the three 20 minute long modules comprising PART ONE, we discuss:
Professional Indemnity Insurance fundamentals
- Covers what PII is, common terms, the concept of a “claims made” policy, notification requirements, exclusions, and prior known circumstances.
Doing business overseas – gives the wider context.
- Mr. Rob Caulfield a director of an Australia architectural practice generously shares his experiences (successes and challenges) expanding his practice overseas.
Security of Payment legislation (understanding the law that assures progress payment)
- Ms. Annette Charak, barrister at Victorian Bar, talks in detail about the SOP process under the legislative regime that exists to facilitate cash flow throughout any construction project.
In the three 20 minute modules comprising PART TWO, we discuss:
Inspections and Certificates
- Why the duties of inspection and completing certificates comprise such an important, and often risky, aspect of a consultant’s work.
- The developments in, and obvious benefits to be had using, electronic documentation in your designs, need to be tempered with an understanding of, and management of the corresponding risks that arise.
- Consultants regularly need to direct and engage, and thus become legally liable for, third parties (“sub-consultants”) to complete tasks – either within or without your discipline – to fulfill your obligations to your client.
Thus you can see we’re covering the key topics : protecting your practice, getting paid, the legislative setting, those you work for, and those who work for you …and ALL in 2 hours. You can complete either part one or part two separately but a combined “2 in 1” course for Starting Out, priced at $100, can be found here. There’s no better time than at the start of a new year to refresh your knowledge of any of this …and feel confident you are informed!
Of course, these are just some of the web-based seminars we offer. Why don’t you “check out” what we’ve got. All are web based so are easy to access in your office or on your mobile device at a time that suits you.
Clear, concise, convenient and comprehensive = informed !
Peter Aston, informed
The informed team, with some third party experts, have packaged two hours of web-based seminars covering the key aspects for consultants. We’ve called these two modules “Starting Out” …where we keep it straightforward for each topic – in each case asking: (1) What are these issues? (2) What are the specific risks involved for you?