Successful navigation of the New South Wales planning process requires an understanding of its many layers and complexities.
Join us for this morning seminar to hear from Mark Bolduan, Manager – Urban Planning Group, EPM Planning on how consultants working in the construction industry can better manage the risks associated with the planning process in New South Wales.
Topics to be covered by our speaker include:
- The history of the NSW planning system
- Layers, legalities and complexities of the current system
- The risks associated with the Land and Environment Court process and the impact of decisions in this jurisdiction
- Time delays in obtaining approvals
- Problems with pre-DA meetings
- The process of changing Council Controls and the obstacles to obtaining variations to controls
- The consequences of a change of zoning
- The end of interim occupation certificates and the implications for staged development.