Acting as a superintendent on a construction project isn’t easy – requiring in-depth knowledge of often complex building contracts; an understanding of the ‘dual’ nature of the functions which are required to be performed; and strong skills in ‘people management’.
Join us as Architect and Expert Witness, Peter Quigley, draws on his experience in professional practice and his involvement in litigated claims to provide insights into the key functions performed by superintendents of building contracts to assist you in understanding and performing your contract administration role. Issues to be discussed include:
• ‘For Construction’ documentation
• Understanding your contractual obligations as a Superintendent
• Dealing with client changes during construction and instructing the Contractor
• Assessing progress claims/variations/extensions of time and issuing certificates
• Determining Practical Completion
• Defect Liability periods