Are you wondering how an expert witness might assist your case? Or what it’s like to be an expert witness? Or even, is there any money in it?
In our upcoming webinar, Karen Wong, Claims Manager for our sister business FOCUS Underwriting, will briefly address why expert witnesses are so valuable, how we retain them and what we look for in their reports before we hear from two highly regarded and experienced experts.
Robert Caulfield, Director of Caulfield Krivanek Architecture and Past President Australian Institute of Architects, and Carlos Quaglia, Director of Fire Safety Engineering, SGA Fire – a division of BCA Logic, will discuss their experiences including:
• what makes a good expert witness;
• how an expert assesses evidence;
• the difficulties of locating old reference data relating to the time the building was built;
• how to remain independent;
• what a conclave is and what is it like to be involved in one;
• what it is like to be cross examined and working with court timetables;
• your relationship with opposing experts; and
• how to establish your fee.