Regardless of the size of a project, a very real and paramount concern for clients is cost. For this reason, government and commercial clients routinely engage a quantity surveyor, and there may also be a benefit to involving a quantity surveyor in domestic projects. Quantity surveyors can assist with estimating and monitoring construction costs on small residential through to large commercial buildings and this can take place at any or all of the following phases: design; construction; and completion.
Join us for our upcoming webinar where Charles Schmidt, Director at GRC Quantity Surveyors will discuss:
- a brief overview of the quantity surveyor role and process;
- understanding the needs of different clients and tailoring quantity surveyor services to them;
- managing risk during various phases in the project lifecycle;
- the integration of BIM in the quantity surveyor space;
- how incomplete documentation can affect the quantity surveyor process and what the industry can do to improve documentation; and
- different methods of assessing costs.